Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Let Me Introduce Myself... Finally


   Hi there. I'm Lori. I am 32, female, married, chubby, thought-ful, and relatively optimistic. This is my blog. (That is honestly a phrase I never thought I'd hear myself say. Well, I guess I have technically still not "heard" myself say it, as I haven't actually said it out loud, but I never thought I'd, um, see...myself...write it? Sure, that works.) I never thought I'd have a blog. But here it is. I have one. And you're reading it. Thanks for that, by the way.
   I also never thought I'd get all excited about having a blog, spend some time creating it, and then wait a month before actually writing anything on it. It's a little intimidating, to be honest. I feel like I potentially have a lot to write about, a lot to SAY, but the thought of trying to say it in a way that makes sense outside of my head and that is possibly interesting to others is, well, like I said. Intimidating.
   I do kind of have a lot to say. Most of it probably has something to do with the endless and complicated pursuit of happiness that is my life. I don't necessarily expect any of it to be really interesting to anyone other than myself, but hey, you never know, right? Maybe someone out there is looking for the same thing I'm looking for. (This suddenly sounds like a dating website or something. That is NOT the thing I am looking for. I am generally happily married. Although, I guess I could be looking for the way to make that "generally" into "genuinely.")
   Enough rambling... Or, well, enough of that rambling. Now on to the rambling with a purpose.
   About two months ago, I started reading a book by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, called "Eat to Live." It was an extremely informative description of a way of eating that sounds almost guaranteed to cure what ails you, not the least of which being obesity. I started following that way of eating, and as of yesterday, have lost 27 lbs.
    I am happy about this.
   *DISCLAIMER* This is not a diet blog. I am not going to write about how badly I wanted to eat that doughnut and how horrible I felt after I did. I am also not going to attempt to insist that everyone I know (or don't know, for that matter) should do as I say and do. I am also not in any way associated with the author of the book I will undoubtedly mention occasionally. I will, of course, talk about my experience, but only insomuch as it is a prominent part of my life and that whole pursuit thing I was mentioning before. I will also, gladly, respond to feedback or offer more specific thoughts or advice to anyone seeking it. I am not a nutritionist, a doctor, or a therapist. I am not a professional anything. I am a person with a thirst (or a hunger) for health and happiness.
  I want to feel good physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually, and any other "-ally" you can probably think of. If this is a pursuit you share, or are interested in observing, you are in the right place. Nice to meet you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Lori! I think this is probably the pursuit of every human being out there - happiness. Some people just appear to do better at it (which may be a facade, really). I might check out that book, as I've heard some good about it, but then I might start feeling guilty when I inevitably stop following its advice. Truth is, anything guilt-driven is bad - charity, even. I struggle with feeling guilty when I let food spoil in my fridge or pantry, because it's a waste of money and people everywhere are going hungry, but I know if I scarf it down just so it doesn't go to waste, it will end up being stored in a much worse place, haha.

    ReplyDelete